Faculty of Social Sciences,
Lund University, Sweden
Faculty of Sociology,
Taras Schevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine
are pleased to announce the
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
For MA Double Degree program with Autumn Semester 2021-22 academic year at the Department of Sociology, Lund University, Sweden
- 1st year MA students at Faculty of Sociology, Gender Studies Program Taras Schevchenko National University of Kyiv (KNU)
- Fluency in English
- Good study performance
There is no tuition fee for exchange students.
Health insurance is provided by the Lund University, as well as visa support issues.
Dormitories are available for exchange students.
Accommodation, living expenses and travel expenses are to be covered by students.
The logic of the Double Degree program is the first year of MA study at the home University (KNU), third semester in Lund University, forth semester in home University (KNU) and MA Thesis seminars and MA Thesis defense both in LU and KNU. Successful graduates are awarded two Diplomas:
- Degree of Master in Sociology Academic Program Gender Studies at Taras Schevchenko National University of Kyiv
- Degree of Master of Science in Sociology or Social Studies of Gender with a major in sociology at Lund University
- Completed application package
- Personal Interview
Selection Committee from Lund University and Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv proceeds selection based on study achievement, clear motivation and English proficiency.
Application package (in English) includes:
- Motivation letter (one page, up to 300 words)
- CV (in European format)
- Study Record \ Transcript (in English) (BA diploma and the first semester 2020-2021 Transcript)
- Proof of proficiency in English (certificates, grades, programs in English completed, certifying B2)
Deadline for application is February 20, 2021
Please, email the complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org with
Subject: Lund Application,
Attached documents file format is MsWord .doc \ .rtf, \ .pdf named as: YourFamilyName_CV.doc, YourFamilyName_Motivation.doc, YourFamilyName_Transcript.pdf, YourFamilyName_BA.pdf
Applicants selected for interview will be informed till March 1, 2021 at the latest
The Interviews will be conducted in March 2021 (will be informed additionally).
Procedure of the exchange program
After admission nominated students choose the courses on sociology or gender studies to study in the autumn semester September 2021 – January 2022 at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Lund University (information available here http://graduateschool.sam.lu.se/education/masters-courses and here http://www.soc.lu.se/en/education/courses/master-courses/social-policy-and-welfare-management and additional courses at the Dep. of Sociology will be announced during the spring) and to sign a Learning Mobility Agreement with Lund University and the University of TSNUK, specifying the transferable credits for the autumn semester and an individual plan for non-transferable courses (Internship) in relation to their MA program at the Faculty of Sociology.